Almond oil is one of the best oils for skin care routine. There are two types of almond oil, sweet and bitter almond oil. Sweet almond oil is a non-fragrance oil with a light yellow color extracted from seeds of almonds. It is one of the most popular base oils for use in cosmetics and massage oils.
For centuries people have used almond oil for its incredible benefits for skin and hair. It is high in vitamin E, vitamin A, and an important source of magnesium, calcium and fatty acids.
Sweet almond oil is an excellent choice for skin health everyone should make it part of his skincare routine.
14 grams of sweet almond oil ( 1 tablespoon )
|Total fat||13.5 g|
|Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||9.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||2.3 g|
|Vitamin E||26 %|
Benefits Of Sweet Almond Oil For Skin
- It suits all skin types even sensitive ones, except those who are allergic to almonds.
- It contains fatty acids that help your skin retain moisture, smooth, hydrated and soft for a long time.
- Can heel chapped lips.
- Thanks to vitamin A, it keeps your skin cells healthy, protects your skin from UV radiation damage and fight wrinkles.
- Removes dark spots and lighten the skin.
- Relieve eczema and rashes.
- Fantastic natural and gentle makeup remover.
- The zinc in sweet almond oil improves nail strength and great for healing brittle nails.
- Prevent stretch marks.
- Reduces puffy eyes and dark circles.
How to Use Almond Oil For Skin?
- As a moisturizer: Almond oil is a great choice to moisturize normal and sensitive skin. Apply it to your face, elbows, feet, or any dry area at night.
How often: every night.
How to use: Before you go to sleep apply 1tsp of sweet almond oil to clean face and warm it up a little bit by rubbing your palms together before applying.
- As a face mask: Mix three slices of mashed avocado with Six to seven drops of almond oil and make a hydrating mask for dry skin.
How often: 2 times a week.
How to use: mix the avocado and almond oil together, apply the mixture to your face for 15 to 20mins or until it dries, then Wash the face with cold water.
- As a Carrier oil: Combine sweet almond oil with essential oils to dilute essential oils when you’re applying them to the skin.
- As a skin whitening: Combine sweet almond oil with lemon essential oil to the skin.
How often: every night.
How to use: Mix 1 tsp of almond oil with 1 or 2 drops of essential lemon oil, and apply to your face before you go to sleep.