Coconut oil is extracted from the raw coconut fruit, it is considered one of the most used oils in the world. It is used in cooking or directly applied to the skin and hair.
Coconut oil contains vitamin E and healthy fats, and it’s a source of seven different types of fatty acids, including oleic 6%, caprylic8%, capric 7%, lauric 49%, myristic 18%, palmitic 8%, and stearic acid 2%. Coconut oil is used in many natural face products, it’s naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and moisturizing.
one tablespoon or 15 milliliters (ml) of coconut oil contains:
- 120 calories.
- 0 g of protein.
- 14 g of fat, of which 12 g is saturated, 1 g is monounsaturated, and 0.5 g is polyunsaturated.
- 0 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Skin
- The fatty acids in Coconut oil make it a good moisturizer for dry skin, it naturally eliminates dryness and irritation and may also aid in the treatment of eczema.
- Thanks to the medium chain fatty acids, coconut oil helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin and makes it look healthy.
- Coconut is effective for lightening the skin, it improves the skin tone and makes it look lighter, it reduces the appearance of dark under eye circles and age spots.
- Repairs and hydrates the skin while you sleep( if you have very oily skin try to add just a few drops to your normal moisturizer, people who have oily skin don’t need to add extra oils to their skin).
- Can help treat acne and protect the skin from harmful bacteria.
- A powerful natural and gentle anti-inflammatory.
- Can heel chapped lips.
- A natural primer to soften the skin before applying makeup.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Skin
As a moisturizer: Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer that can be absorbed easily by your skin, to make it look younger, smooth and soft.
How to use: After washing your face, apply a small amount to your face and neck every Morning and night as a moisturizer.
- If you have very oily skin, don’t apply coconut oil overnight, just add a few drops of coconut oil to your moisturizer and apply it at night before sleeping.
- For dry, normal, mixte skin you can apply the oil as it is on your face.
- If you apply coconut oil to your face or neck during the day avoid going out without sunscreen.
As a primer: It’s particularly effective as a primer to soften the skin before applying makeup
Body and facial scrub: Get rid of dead skin cells by making your own body or facial scrub with coconut oil and coconut sugar. It will smooth your skin and make it soft.
How often: 2 times a week
How to use: Mix coconut oil and sugar together, massage your body or face with the mixture for 5 minutes then wash.