10 Best Tips to Take Care of Your Hair
How to take care of your hair
Maintaining and growing your hair can be stressful especially if you don’t know what to do. Hair is made of a protein called keratin that is produced in the hair follicles, it is the key part of shiny, lustrous hair.
Hence, practicing good hygiene and following a healthy diet are essential keys to maintaining luscious hair. If you are looking for a healthy gorgeous hair, start by washing and conditioning it properly. Then, dry and style your hair in a healthy way. Finally, make healthy lifestyle changes to support healthy hair.
In this article find out how to take care of your hair by following these easy steps:
1. Wash your hair using a good quality shampoo, and don’t wash it too often 2 or 3 times a week is enough.
2. Go for shampoos that don’t contain sulfates or parabens. Parabens cause irritation and eye problems after prolonged use and sulfates can cause damage to your hair when overused, ranging from irritated, itchy skin to hair protein removal.
So try to use shampoos with natural cleansers, and of course, choose a shampoo that suits your hair type.
3. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar once a month, by doing this you will help your hair look shinier and cleaner without dandruff.
Mix a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with warm water. Pour the mixture over your hair evenly, massage your scalp then rinse and wash your hair as normal.
4. Condition your hair after every shampoo, sometimes shampoos can dry out your hair so it is very important to condition your hair. Focus on the tips of your hair because they dry out more easily leading to split ends. Consider getting silicone-free conditioner.
5. Use conditioner that’s right for your hair type:
- For dry and damaged hair, choose a moisturizing conditioner that will restore its shine.
- For fine and light hair, choose a light conditioner that won’t make your hair limp.
6. Deep condition your hair once every few weeks for at least 1 hour, you don’t need to deep condition your hair more often, 2 times a month is sufficient. If your hair feels a bit dry or the ends seem ready to split it’s time to deep condition your hair.
There are plenty of deep conditioners out there in the market to choose from, but if you don’t want to spend money on a deep conditioner, you can use household ingredients that will give you the same result ( olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, argan oil, mayonnaise).
7. Moisturize your hair once a week:
Use these oils: almond, castor, olive, argan, and coconut oil.
Mix the oils together equal proportions of each, massage your hair with and leave in for 4 hours then wash as usual.
8. Do not brush your hair while still wet, wet hair is fragile and easily breaks.
9. Let your hair dry naturally when you can. Air drying your hair is the healthiest option if you are not in a hurry, but if you need your hair dry quickly spray your hair with a heat protectant product then you blow dry on the warm setting rather than hot. The warm setting is less damaging for your hair.
10. Maintain your general health:
Since hair is made of proteins, make sure you are eating a healthy balanced diet rich in lean protein, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. A healthy diet is the key for a healthy good looking hair.
Water is also important when it comes to hair, it keeps your
body hydrated and of course this leads to a healthy hair.