Olive oil is a liquid fat obtained from olives, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean region. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives. It is commonly used in cooking, as a salad dressing and in cosmetics, medicine, and soaps.
Over the last decade, everyone has discovered the beauty benefits of olive oil, it has been proven to help with more than just your cooking.
Olive oil act as an antioxidant when topically applied, it may help protect the skin from premature skin aging, restores the skin smoothness and protects against ultraviolet light, also prevents free radical damage to the skin.
In this article, we will explain the most important benefits of olive oil for skin.
14 grams of olive oil (1 tablespoon)
What Olive Oil Does to The Skin
- Olive oil is a good moisturizer for skin, it keeps the skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
- Contains three major antioxidants; vitamin E, polyphenols and phytosterols that help fight wrinkles and protect your skin from UV radiation damage.
- Activate the blood circulation, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Natural makeup remover.
- Remove dead skin cells and leave the epidermis looking renewed and glowing.
- Olive oil may fade scars by helping skin cells to regenerate.
- Even skin’s texture and tone.
- Cleansing skin of dirt and bacteria that causes blackheads.
How To Use Olive Oil For Skin
As a facial massage
Olive oil massage to face stimulates the blood circulation which prevents signs of photo-aging.
How often: every day.
How to use: gently massage your face and neck for 5 minutes with olive oil, leave on for 30 minutes then wash.
As a moisturizer
Olive oil is an excellent moisturizer that can be absorbed easily by your skin, to give you the glowy soft skin you dream of.
How often: every night
How to use: before bed rub olive oil into your face and neck, the oil will hydrate and heal your skin while you sleep.
As a lip scrub
Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with sugar to create a natural lip scrub.
How often: once a week
How to use: massage the mixture into your lips and leave for 5 minutes.