5 Simple Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Hair
Coconut oil is very popular and is frequently used in health and beauty products. Millions of people choose to use it for different things, from cooking to moisturizing the skin to improving the hair condition.
This magic oil tops the list of natural alternatives to improve your beauty and health. In Asian countries, coconut oil usage is not limited to cooking and in the preparation of cosmetic soaps and creams, it is also used for hair.
Coconut oil is rich in carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and medium chain fatty acids the special types of fatty acid with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which are good for the hair. Thanks to its beneficial property, coconut oil can help prevent protein loss in hair, stimulate faster growth, detangle, and defeat dandruff and more.
In this article, you will explore how to use coconut oil to get the gorgeous hair you have always dreamed of.
1. Coconut Oil For Deep Conditioning
Thanks to the medium chain fatty acids, coconut oil has high moisture retaining capacity and penetrates easily and deeply to the hair, keeping hair moisturized and soft, which prevents hair damage.
How to use coconut oil to moisturize the scalp, repair split ends, and add a healthy glow to your hair:
- Wash your hair and let it air dry while you are preparing the following steps.
- You will need a shower cap, to bowls of different sizes ( one should fit inside the other), organic virgin coconut oil.
- Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into the smaller bowl.
- Set the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water and wait until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the oil into your hair then comb.
- Put on the shower cap and allow it to soak in for 30 minutes or longer.
- Shampoo to remove oil.
- Style as usual.
2. Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
Dandruff can be caused by an overgrowth of fungus or yeast on the scalp. Coconut oil has fatty acids with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help defeat dandruff.
follow these easy steps 3 times a week and watch your dandruff problems disappear:
- You will need coconut oil and castor oil.
- At the end of the day or before bedtime, wash your hair with an all natural shampoo and condition as usual.
- Comb your hair to remove any tangles.
- Mix 1 tsp of coconut oil with 1 tsp of castor oil.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the oil mixture into your scalp.
- Wrap your head with a towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for best results.
- The next morning wash your hair.
3. Coconut Oil for Split Ends
You can use coconut oil to get rid of split ends if they appear on a small number of your hair strands. But if you have a lot of split ends, it is generally recommended to cut them.
How to use:
- Mix coconut oil with almond oil.
- Massage your hair regularly with the mixture for a few minutes, it will help in minimizing the split ends.
4. Coconut Oil For Faster Hair Growth
Lots of people want to grow long, healthy and shiny hair. Coconut oil has been used for many years in India for grooming hair. The vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil nourish the scalp and help to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles.
To get the most out of coconut oil, you’ll need to make it a regular part of your beauty regimen. it will help your hair grow longer, thicker, and faster.
How to use:
- You will need 2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Simply massage the oil into your scalp with gentle pressure for 10 minutes to improve blood circulation, supporting hair growth.
- Repeat it 3 or 4 times a week.
- Leave it on for 1 hour then wash your hair.
5. Coconut Oil To Protect Hair From Sun Damage
We all protect our skin from sun damage but does anyone of us think about protecting his hair too. In fact, hair follicles are really just specialized skin cells, and like skin cells are affected by overexposure to the sun.
Coconut oil is an excellent natural sunscreen for your hair. If you are planning a day out in the sun, use it as a leave-in conditioner for all day protection.
- Simply massage a little bit of coconut oil into your hair then brush and style as usual.